Known colloquially as Mirage Island, the true name of this island is lost. Though it is located in southern Hoenn, near Pacifidlog Town, this island is usually completely inaccessible because time passes differently on it. The speed of time can be determined using a special Sandshrew hourglass.
Mirage Island debuts in Chapter 254.
- Juan debuts
- Juan explains that Steven Stone, Wallace, and the Elite Four are using Registeel, Regirock, and Regice to contain the destructive energy of Kyogre and Groudon's battle; however, this is only a temporary measure, and they are waiting for Ruby and Sapphire
- Juan reveals that he rescued Tate and Liza
- Ruby and Sapphire meet up again with Plusle and Minun
- Ruby and Sapphire train together, bonding, and learn to fight as a team
- Ruby and Sapphire learn that the Red and Blue Jewels are inside of them, and they learn how to control them
- Ruby secretly arranges a partnership with Marge for the final battle because he doesn't want to put Sapphire in danger
DescriptionTime swings between two extremes: at its slowest, one day on Mirage Island equals a week real time, and at its quickest a week on Mirage Island equals a day real time. Mirage Island can only be entered or exited at the moment when its time speed synchronizes with that of the real world.
Mirage Island is deserted. It seems tropical.